This report shows number of students enrolled by gender and ethnicity within student classification (freshman, sophomore, etc.). Data for each selected institution type, report year and classification appear on separate pages with individual pages accessible via a data group tree.
Higher Education Student Enrollment:
All students registered for one or more Coordinating Board approved courses for resident credit as of the official census date each semester. The official census data is the 12th class day for fall and spring semesters and the 4th class day for each of the summer terms.
(Source: THECB CBM001 Student Report)
Higher Education Institution Type:
- Texas Public Universities - four-year universities and two-year, upper division universities and centers
- Texas Public Two-Year Colleges - two-year community, technical and lower division state colleges
- Texas Public Health-related Institutions*
*Prior versions of this report may have contained Baylor College of Medicine, but as of December 16, 2010, this report was revised to include only public health-related institutions.
- Freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, post-baccalaureate, master's level, doctoral level, special/professional (Law), special/professional (PharmD), special/professional (Optometry-OD only), special/professional (Veterinary Medicine-DVM only)
2-Year College Classifications:
- Freshman, sophomore, unclassified, associate degree, baccalaureate or above, third year BAT (bachelor of applied technology), fourth year BAT (bachelor of applied technology)
- Freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, post-baccalaureate, master's level, doctoral level, special/professional (PharmD), first year medical/dental, second year medical/dental, third year medical/dental, fourth year medical/dental, professional specialty (medical/dental)
Effective fall 2010, federal reporting of race/ethnicity categories changed. Through the 2009-2010 academic year, the THECB reporting categories were:
- Asian or Pacific Islander
- American Indian or Alaskan Native
- Unknown or Not Reported
The Ethnicity/Race categories used for reporting beginning in Fall 2010 are:
- African American
Hispanics are identified by an ethnicity question that is separate from the racial question. Hispanic students, except international ones, are counted as "Hispanic".
Students who are "Two or more races" (or multi-racial) are non-international, non-Hispanic students who selected two or more races.
"Asian" includes Asian, Hawaiian, and Pacific Islanders.
"Other" includes American Indian, Alaskan Native, Unknown, and Two or more races (multi-racial).
"International" students are shown as a separate category.